Did you know tobacco use is the No. 1 cause of preventable death in North Carolina and nationwide?
If you're trying to quit smoking or vaping, you're not alone. About 35,000 North Carolinians have used the state's free resources to quit.
The benefits of quitting are huge. You can see improvements in your health in as few as two to 12 weeks.
But tobacco use is very addictive, so quitting is no small task. And it's not easy to quit on your own.
How QuitlineNC Can Help You
North Carolinians who use QuitlineNC resources are five times more likely to quit for good.
QuitlineNC is a confidential tool that provides free, easy access to:
- Expert Quit Coaches through live chat or text.
- Nicotine replacement therapy (patches with gum or lozenges) for adult participants.
- A personalized dashboard to track your progress.
- Helpful videos and more.
You can access these new services using a smartphone, computer or telephone. These services are free and available 24/7.
Services are available in English and Spanish. Translations are also available in 200-plus languages.
Get Started with QuitlineNC
There are several ways to get started. Choose what's best for you:
- Visit QuitlineNC online
- Text READY to 34191 / Text LISTO to 34191 for Spanish
- Call 1-800-Quit-Now (1-800-784-8669)
- Spanish speakers: 1-855-Déjelo-Ya (1-855-335-3569)
- American Indian Quitline: 1-888-7AI-QUIT (1-888-724-7848)
- Teens ages 13-17: Text VAPEFREENC to 873373 to reach Live Vape Free. Live Vape Free offers teens help and support to quit vaping.